Monday, December 10, 2007

More Introductions

Couples watercolor on Arches CP Sold
Winter Zen watercolor on Arches - SOLD

Winter Zen watercolor on Arches CP


Coke Door watercolor on Arches - SOLD

Hmmmm....the pictures come in the opposite order from which they were uploaded...good to know.
This is a sample of the kind of subjects I like to paint. The leaves and stones are all part of what I like to call my Winter Zen series. They are relaxing and simple to paint...I usually do one after completing a painting that has been very involved and complex. Of course, when I paint them in the fall they are Autumn Zen and usually include some colorful leaves...and in the spring...well, you get the idea.
The pear painting is called Couples. I guess it speaks for itself...pairs of pears. The lack of shadows bothers some...but I like it...like Magritte's "This is not a pipe"...it amuses me.
The Coke Door was painted for our local gallery fundraising auction. I like to paint old doors...they have character...stories to tell. I love the texture and colors...and the rust is cool too.

To all who enter here...enjoy! And let me know what you think...about whatever.

9 comments:

Tami said...

Your door is Excellent! I'm with you, I love the look of them and the old hardware that are found on them. Congrats on settimg up your own blog (yeah, 'tis an ugly word). I've had my blog for about a year and a half now http://tamslines.blogspot.com/ now, although due to various things in my life, some times I've been better at keeping it up than others. I've been lurking (another ugly word) on Wet Canvas for quite some time but haven't had the courage to post any thing that I've painted there.
Good luck, I'll keep checking back to see what's newly posted.

About said...

Thanks tami!
I tried to get to your site but there was some nasty message about a security...something or other...I'll try later.
You should come out of lurkdom on WC!...we'll be very, very nice...promise. lol
Thanks for droppin' by!

Clive said...

Hi Tracy, looking forward to seeing posts. I'm not browsing as much as I should or used to, too busy, but I'll continue to enjoy your painting here. Not sure how enthusiastic to be about the blogging, it's cheaper than a website; I dropped mine and just chuck work on the blog. Regretably not doing wet canvas; no one ever told me how I could change my posting name and I don't have time or energy to try and figure it or an alternative out...no time for it anyway with work and recreation. Be darned if I let painting or blogging or wetcanvas interfere with skiing! Best, and nice to hear from you again, C.

About said...

I hear ya! There's no way I'm gonna let anything interfere with my hibernatin'!!!
Thanks for dropping by!

Sandy said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Tracy!
I rather enjoy blogs...easy to use and one can use them just like a website.
I love your doorway with the coke sign...well done!

Joan said...

I'm so glad to see you have a blog, Tracy. I love your door...nice texture! Blogging is lots of fun, but sometimes takes up too much time. Hope to come back and visit often.

Joan said...

Tracy, I just listed you as a link on my blog. (www.watercolorsbyjoan.blogspot.com)

RH Carpenter said...

Tracy, I just "discovered" you through this tagging thing going on between lots of artists - and glad I did! Love love love your Zen paintings, especially, but all of your work is lovely and very well done. Will be checking back often.

About said...

Oh, I love being 'discovered'! Don't know what the tagging thing is, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. So glad you enjoy my Zen paintings...they are my favorite things to paint. I'm off to check out your site now.