Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Watercolor Painting - Sticks & Stones III


Sticks & Stones III 7x10" Arches block


So this is the next painting for Myrna Wacknov's groovy cool challenge.

The 'mother color' was to be yellow-orange...got it. The design element was to be Value. Well this looks like a value study in two colors...got it...sorta. And the composition was to be 'radial'. Hmmm...well I consider the squares within squares to be radial...though I could be wrong. Plus, there are the petals of the flowers, and the crossed stems. So...yeah...radial.


I haven't done anything else tonight because my FURNACEISN'TWORKINGANDIT'SFUCKINGFREEZINGINHERE!!!! Not a good thing to happen in this neck of the woods (Northern Canada). Can barely type...I think hypothermia is setting in...sleeeeeepppyyy. Nah, just kiddin'...I called my ex-husband and he's on his way (he's a gas guy). How handy is that?! He better hurry though...it's -20C outside...that's like...what...-6F? Bloody cold.
Hey! Does anyone know how to make it so my paintings show up in a search? When I do a search in google images, the only images I see are ones that I have commented on on other blogs! Let me know what ya know!
Off to visit other blogs...too cold to paint!

7 comments:

Myrna Wacknov said...

Tracy, you are painting too fast for me! I can't keep up. There is a square in square composition which I think you did brilliantly, here! I think it fits that composition category more strongly. Hope the heat comes on soon for you.

About said...

Thanks Myrna. I've picked a much simpler subject than you have, that's for sure! Heat is on, thanks to ex-hubby...all is well.

Joan said...

Tracy - I'm glad to hear that you're warm again. I like the values you have in this, radial or square in a square. Good news for you. If you Google yourself, your blog does come up. For some reason I have the same problem with other search engines too. Only my comments on other people's blogs come up, but if I go to www.google.com my blog comes up. Strange. I don't know if you can do anything so that it comes up in the other search engines.

William K. Moore said...

Tracy.. great works you have showing here. I like the collage look of this piece. The composition is nicely balanced and loaded with wonderful textures. Extra nice this one!

About said...

Hey Joan - Thanks! Yes warmed right up now. I know when I google in regular google my blog comes up, but when I go to google images, other peoples pics come up. Still working on that.

Hi W.K. - Thanks very much. I am having fun taking giant steps out of my comfort zone...nothing earth shaking yet...but I've only just begun!

RH Carpenter said...

Tracy, I am enjoying your challenge paintings and especially like how you've taken "simple" elements to work with all the other challege criteria :) Glad you've warmed up, too!

Sandy Maudlin said...

Tracy,
When it's that cold, you can get some great effects with light washes on the paper- if you don't pass out first from the cold. One October in the mts. of Colorado, painting with gloves on I put a gray wash over the sky- within momnets it looked like palm trees crystalized style.

I like looking at your paintings, really enjoy the fresh approach you have. Sticks & Stones #3 is great. Thanks, too, for leaving comments on my blog.